Tuesday, April 27, 2010

GRRRR!!!

There has been good and bad news lately. The house appraised above our offer, and the inspection came in fine, and the sellers ended up replacing the carpet in the house. However, we were supposed to close yesterday and we didn't. Apparently, the sellers are idiots and they went under contract with us before they were the owners of record on the house. The didn't close until a week and a half after they accepted our offer...so now our closing has been pushed back and we don't know till when, but it's supposed to be before May 15th...now let's just hope that we do get to close! I'm so sick of this waiting game, it's such a pain!

On a bright, non-housing issue note, Dominic found out this morning that the pay teirs have been changed at his work and he's going to get a $.25 raise. The base has also been doing so good that he's getting a $500 bonus. If for some reason he's already within the new pay range, he get's $1000 instead of the $.25 raise...or maybe it's just an extra $500 so that with the bonus it's a $1000...but either way, I'm okay with it cause it will completely help out with getting a house right now. We're supposed to find out later this week what he'll be getting.

All this housing crap is totally putting a damper on my excitement about my birthday. Dom and I were going to take Desei camping this weekend, and after finding out all this crap about the house, I just don't feel like it. Now we might take Desi to Vegas, but who knows, we might just stay in town. I'd really like to go to Disneyland since it's the happiest place on earth, but that's too expensive, so I'm not even going to tell Dom that's what I want to do. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment