Monday, January 3, 2011

Update

So apparently I got really lazy about updating my blog...I'm going to try and be better about it, but I don't promise anything!
Dominic graduated in November and it was very exciting! I of course cried like a little baby because I am so proud of him. He actually cried afterwards when he saw me and I was crying and told him I was proud of him, but he'll never admit it. Now he is considering getting his Masters since none of the criminal justice agencies are hiring. He's taking a little break, but I wouldn't be surprised if he starts soon. Dominic wanted to go to Disneyland for graduation, and he wanted to take the adorable Miss Desi with us. We had a lot of fun! Dominic will do anything for that little girl, including stand in line to see all the princesses (and take pictures with them!)
We were told about 2 years ago that we wouldn't be able to have kids, and we've been trying to figure out what to do ever since. We kept going back and forth between infertility treatment and adoption. We were pretty set on adoption when Dom changed his mind after finding out that we would most likely have an open adoption. He wasn't very comfortable with that, so we went and got all our tests done and started seeing a reproductive endocrinologist at the end of November. The RE mapped out a plan for us that is going to be most economical. My insurance covers a little bit of the cost, but not much. I was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome), which means I don't ovulate correctly, which has been one of our major issues. PCOS has also caused a number of my hormones to be out of whack, so we are working to correct that. I started taking hormones while at Disneyland so that I would be ready to get knocked up! After we got back, I had to go in for an ultrasound to make sure that my body reacted correcly to the hormones, and thankfully it had. I then had to give myself a shot to trigger ovulation so that we could do an IUI (intra-uterine insemination). I was very proud of myself for giving myself the shot as I HATE needles and don't do very well with shots. We went in for the IUI 1 1/2 days after I gave myself the shot. That was December 22nd and so now we are just waiting to find out if it worked or if we are going to have to try again. It's frustrating because I am still on hormones, just in case it did work, and they make me not feel very well and give me all the early pregnancy symptoms. I think that I've been very good about not getting my hopes up, while still remaining positive.
We are both very excited to become parents and can't wait for it to happen. We would love for it to happen now, but considering nothing else in life is easy, we don't expect this to be either. I'm going to try and keep my blog updated with what is going on, but I'm not making any promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment