Thursday, February 24, 2011

Boy oh Boy

So this month we moved to a new fertility treatment plan. Since I wasn't responding to just the hormone pills very well, my doctor decided to add injectable hormones to the mix and hope that would work. Because we are doing higher levels of hormones, I had to have an early ultrasound to make sure that I didn't have any cysts. That ultrasound came out clear, but the nurse did ask me how I felt about twins, I said twins would be great because then I'd be done having kids. Then she asked me about triplets...Triplets scare me! I think that I'd be okay with 2, but 3 is just too many, thankfully our chance or triplets is only like 6%. Since I checked out cyst free, I got to give myself 3 hormone shots. The needles are tiny, but they hurt!
I went into the Dr. office last Friday for an ultrasound to see how I was responding to the injectable hormones. Thankfully I responded a little better then on just the hormone pills. Instead of my normal 1 follicle, I had 3 that were growing nicely. They weren't that close to being big enough, but since we did an extra ultrasound last month, we knew how fast my follicles are growing. The nurse told me that I could trigger on Monday and catch 1 egg, or wait till Tuesday and hopefully catch all 3. So we decided that we were going to wait the extra day because 3 chances is better then 1, but she did make sure to ask me if I was okay with triplets.
I had the IUI done today and now I"m super crampy, more so then the past 2 months. When the doctor was leaving, he said to prepare myself for the possiblity of twins. He said that it's normally a 20% chance of twins with injectables, but since I have a family history or twins and I had 3 follicles, I have a 35% chance of twins. Now it's just time to sit back and wait for the next 2 weeks to find out if it worked or if we are taking a 3 month break. I really hope it works cause I'm so ready to be pregnant, AND I really want to have a baby this year!

Aside from baby stuff, Dom and I both have strep throat, and it's kicking my butt! He's responding really well to the anti-biotics, but I still feel pretty bad. I even missed 2 days of work this week which sucks cause I work from home, but Tuesday I couldn't even get out of bed and then yesterday and today I kept getting dizzy all day long. Hopefully I'll be able to work tomorrow. And hopefully I'll be feeling well enough to go on a date with Dom this weekend! We got to take Desi to the Renasaince Fair last Saturday and it was a lot of fun, until it started raining. But we did find pirate duckies for the pirate bathriim!

No comments:

Post a Comment