Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The little things

So about a week and a half ago, Marina asked if Dom and I could watch Desi for her. We love Desi to pieces and will take any chance we can to watch her. The plan was for her to spend the night and then just hang out around the house the next day while I worked. Last week, Dom called me one morening and asked what day Desi was going to be at our house, I told him and he informed me that he was going to take the day off so that he could spend the whole day with her. Then he kept telling me that I needed to take the day off so the 3 of us could spend it together. I haven't been wanting to take time off for anything so that I have time to use when/if we have a baby, but I gave in and said I would spend then day with them. Monday night when I picked Desi up, she informed me that she needed a baby at my house, and her baby needed to be a big dog. Dom has been wanting a big dog for a while. (He says it's so he can run with the dog, but it's really his way of dealing with not having a baby.) I don't really want another dog because I don't think Daisy and Patton would handle it well.
We took the puppies to the park on Tuesday morning and then we went to the pet store to get Desi her baby. She and Dom agreed to get a hamster or gerbil because they are easier to care for then another dog. Desi had a hard time deciding which hamster to get, but she ended up picking a Winter White Russian Dwarf Hamster who she decided to name Rocky. She picked out a fun cage for Rocky and then we made our way home. She was so excited about having a baby. She held Rocky the whole way home and wanted to put her in her ball as soon as we got home. Once Rocky was in her ball, Desi followed her around the house and made sure that the puppies didn't hit the ball and that Rocky didn't get stuck. We went out to do some grocery shopping and as soon as we got back, Desi ran inside and said she had to check on her baby. She did the same thing when she woke up from her nap. It was very cute. Dom and I can't wait till we get to do all the fun things we do with Desi with our own kids.

In baby news, we are starting another cycle this week. We are moving onto injections this month, which ups our chance of having multiples, but if I have twins, I'm done for good. I have to go in on Friday for an ultrasound to make sure that I don't have any cycts, and if I'm good to go, I'll start the hormone pills. I'm not sure what days I have to do the injections, but I'm really hoping I react well. Dom and I are beyond ready for me to be pregnant. I really need to find something to keep myself occupied this month so that I don't get my hopes up so much. I'm going to try and not think about it and analyze every little thing, I just don't know how well that will work!

1 comment: