Sunday, February 7, 2010

The New Jersey Sloppy Joe

This is one of the BEST sandwiches EVER!!! If you have ever been to a deli in Northern New Jersey, you will see sloppy joe's on the menu, and this is what you will get! My dad grew up in New Jersey and he used to eat these all the time. When we moved to PA and started visiting NJ, we would always get platters of these and take them back home. I even had them at my wedding brunch...I just totally love them. We went to numerous deli's and tried to have them recreate them...and it never worked. Finally this past summer, my mom was thinking about it and we figured out what all needed to go into them and we started making them. I just made a TON of them for Superbowl and Dom couldn't be happier cause he loves them too! I even made an extra one just for him to take in his lunch tomorrow. Sloppy Joe's are probably the BEST thing to come out New Jersey!

No comments:

Post a Comment